JMata806

Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2019
  3. 2016
  4. 2013
Platform
  1. Windows
Wanted to thank @jasonb75 & @Eric W for the previous help I've ironed out a good chunk of my previous endeavor.

As such I was curious if the brains and dreamers of this wonderful forum could help me with a final project that advances my project just a tad more.

The goal of this is to take Columns A-C as the main data table.
Find ONLY E Column within that data table.
Sum the points from those found
Than upon reaching the 10th or greater point report back the date from the corresponding cell from A column.

In short it would filter the data based on the list from E and sum up the points to >=10 than report back the date from that filtered information.

For Example:
Roadblock.PNG

Thinking of using either helper tables of lookup, but if there is a simpler process I would be appreciative.

Thanks Excel Genies! Next round of drinks is on me! ^_^

Excel Facts

Can Excel fill bagel flavors?
You can teach Excel a new custom list. Type the list in cells, File, Options, Advanced, Edit Custom Lists, Import, OK
:cry: does no one know da answer? would using a combined table list be more advisable to simplify this?

Upvote 0
Well it was messy and experimental but I got what I wanted to pull, I know there is probably a simpler way but here is how I worked it.

First I had to use several additional columns (F-I) in order to sort this data.

In the COLUMN F I used (F) -> =IF(COUNTIF(E2:E41, C2:C41),1,0)
In the next column I used (G) -> =IF((F2=1),B2,"")
Than in the proceeding Column (H) but in Cell (H2) -> =IF(G2>=10,G2,"") than in (H3-H41) I used -> =IF(SUM(G$2:G3)>=10,SUM(G$2:G3),"")
Congo line! (I) -> =IF(H2<>"",A2,"")
With the final formula giving me the needed Information using -> =INDEX(I2:I41,MATCH(TRUE,LEN(I2:I41)>0,0))

Luckily I can hide most of this but least its done and can be adapted to the other based values and lists I have.
Thank you guys again your a wealth of knowledge, and of course if you know a better cleaner way by all means I bow to you, but for now I at least was able to get it done!

Upvote 0
Solution

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arle8907

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back