Advice on a formula

datadummy

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I am looking for advice on a formula that will add up specific cells within a column, but will also recognize if a cell literally has NA in it and in a sense remove that from the formula so it wont error out when returning the sum of the other cells.

Example: formula is in cell P4 and that formula will look at cells P7, P10, P13 and P16 and will sum them up. That I can do, what I'm looking for is a formula that will still look in each cell to sum them but if one or more of those cells has NA that it wont error out my formula. Please let me know if you need more information. Thanks in advance.

<v:shapetype id="_x0000_t75" stroked="f" filled="f" path="m@4@5l@4@11@9@11@9@5xe" o:preferrelative="t" o:spt="75" coordsize="21600,21600"> <v:stroke joinstyle="miter"> <v:formulas> <v:f eqn="if lineDrawn pixelLineWidth 0"> <v:f eqn="sum @0 1 0"> <v:f eqn="sum 0 0 @1"> <v:f eqn="prod @2 1 2"> <v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelWidth"> <v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelHeight"> <v:f eqn="sum @0 0 1"> <v:f eqn="prod @6 1 2"> <v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelWidth"> <v:f eqn="sum @8 21600 0"> <v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelHeight"> <v:f eqn="sum @10 21600 0"> </v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:formulas> <v:path o:connecttype="rect" gradientshapeok="t" o:extrusionok="f"> <o:lock aspectratio="t" v:ext="edit"></o:lock></v:path></v:stroke></v:shapetype><v:shape id="Picture_x0020_1" style="width: 98.25pt; height: 197.25pt; visibility: visible; mso-wrap-style: square;" type="#_x0000_t75" o:spid="_x0000_i1025"></v:shape>

I'll give those a try. So this is turning into a never ending question session lol, but is it possible to have a pivot table show your cell value of NA? It appears that regardless of formatting it always returns 0 instead of NA.

Well, if it's not already showing as NA, then I don't think a pivot table will fix that. If you're ok with it, I can pm you my email so you can send me a sample of the sheet.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Can a formula spear through sheets?
Use =SUM(January:December!E7) to sum E7 on all of the sheets from January through December

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arbind kumar

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back