Advice - Suggestions

Excel Facts

Save Often
If you start asking yourself if now is a good time to save your Excel workbook, the answer is Yes
Hi SteelRail,
As for me, Record Macro and Help of VBA and This Forum... :biggrin:
About books, please wait comments from other poster.

Upvote 0
Spot on Colo.

Recording Macros and then reverse engineering them to make them do what you want is a great way to learn along with help & forums.....but if you need a book the dummies guides are very good for beginners (note that this means a beginners to that area - dummies guides are not just for people who dont know what the start button does [The start button is used to close down the computer - natuarally].
When looking at anything more advanced there are a plethora of books out there and I cant say that any one is better than any other BUT I do have a favourite author - John Walkenback.

Happy Learning Curve
Pesky

Upvote 0
I have only been using VBA for 5 months now.
I started with the Excel 97 VBA book....but most of my time I spent reverse enginerring "recorded macros"....as was said above.

Recently I purchased Excel 2002 Power Programming with VBA - John Walkenbach.....and I am learning HEAPS....FAST!!!!

I also purchased Excel 2000 VBA by John Green....however I am finding this one a little bit too advanced at the moment....not getting the most out of it.

For now...I give J.Walkenbach the thumbs up!

Upvote 0
I wouldn't suggest reverse engineering macros. It can be a good idea once you get the basics of VB down along with the terminology, but until then, I would highly reccommend AGAINST using that as a starting point for learning VB.

Instead, my suggestion would be to learn VB from an ONLINE tutorial or a good book is SAMS learn VB in 24/Hrs.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peterhess2002

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back