Advice

mrmagoo_83

Board Regular
I was just wondering what the opinions where on how to code a ton of macros.

Rigth now I have a Module 1, and within it there are probably 10 Sub routines. Would it be wiser to make each of those sub routines a module, or leave it the way I am doing it?

Some videos you may like

Excel Facts

Excel Wisdom
Using a mouse in Excel is the work equivalent of wearing a lanyard when you first get to college

Smitty

Legend
I suppose that largely depends on personal preference and the function of each sub.

Generally I keep related procedures in the same module. I.E. Menus in one, Print functions in another, etc. Really long subs should probably be separated as well.

HTH,

Smitty

Oaktree

MrExcel MVP
I agree with Smitty.

Remember that you can rename your modules to help organize your VBA as well.

mrmagoo_83

Board Regular
Ok cool, I will seperate out a few of them, most of them are just creating arrays from the data gathered from a webpage by another sub.

So I will have one module for getting and sorting the data, another model to create the arrays.

mrmagoo_83

Board Regular

ADVERTISEMENT

Wait, how do I declare global variables between modules?

Smitty

Legend
Global variables, by their nature can be used in any Sub.

Generally, I pick the most non-specific module (meaning one that has the subs called the most), and after Option Explicit declare every multi-sub variable as Public. I.E.
Code:
Option Explicit 

Public ws as Worksheet
Public c as Range
Smitty

mrmagoo_83

Board Regular
Thanks Smitty, thats what I thought, and is what I have so its all good. I declare those global variables in the first module that is called from the user form.

One more quick question, I have a userform, how do I put the minimize button on it? Or is that possible?

Watch MrExcel Video

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eng Muhammed