AfterUpdate for Control

koolwaters

I have a form capturing client information. There may be the rare occasion when an application for a client has been rejected for some reason. On the form, there is an application status combo box with Completed, Incomplete and Rejected as the values.

If the application status is complete, I want to open a pop-up form so that I can enter the reason the application has been rejected.

I have the following code in the AfterUpdate event of the combo box but it does not work. I have also played around with it for a few days but nothing is working.

Here is the code:

Code:
Private Sub cboApplicationStatus_AfterUpdate()
Dim stdocname As String
stdocname = "fpopRejectionReason"

DoCmd.DoMenuItem acFormBar, acRecordsMenu, acSaveRecord, , acMenuVer70
    If (Me.cboApplicationStatus = "Rejected") Then
    DoCmd.OpenForm stdocname, acNormal, , acFormAdd
End If
End Sub
I have added the Save line this morning to see if that is why it is not working. Basically, when I choose "Rejected" as the application status, the record is saved and the form does not open.

Some videos you may like

Excel Facts

Fastest way to copy a worksheet?
Hold down the Ctrl key while dragging tab for Sheet1 to the right. Excel will make a copy of the worksheet.

koolwaters

I got it to work. Finally!

Code:
Private Sub cboApplicationStatus_AfterUpdate()
Dim stdocname As String
stdocname = "fpopRejectionReason"

If (Me.cboApplicationStatus.Column(1) = "Rejected") Then
    DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdSaveRecord
    DoCmd.OpenForm stdocname, acNormal, , acFormAdd
    End If
End Sub

Subscribe on YouTube

Watch MrExcel Video

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
willm57

This Week's Hot Topics

• Turn fraction around
    Hello I need to turn a fraction around, for example I have 1/3 but I need to present as 3/1
  • TIme Clock record reformatting to ???
    Hello All, I'd like some help formatting this (Tbl-A)(Loaded via Power Query) [ATTACH type="full" width="511px" alt="PQdata.png"]22252[/ATTACH]...
  • TextBox Match
    hi, I am having a few issues with my code below, what I need it to do is when they enter a value in textbox8 (QTY) either 1,2 or 3 the 3 textboxes...
  • Using Large function based on Multiple Criteria
    Hello, I can't seem to get a Large formula to work based on two criteria's. I can easily get a oldest value based one value, but I'm struggling...
  • Can you check my code please
    Hi, Im going round in circles with a Compil Error End With Without With Here is the code [CODE=rich] Private Sub...
  • Combining 2 pivot tables into 1 chart
    Hello everyone, My question sounds simple but I do not know the answer. I have 2 pivot tables and 2 charts that go with this. However I want to...