Alan Beban xls functions - any current repository?

Ikester

I have been researching passing arrays via functions with the aim of developing a generalized index/exact match function and ran across reference to an Alan Beban set of xls functions (including here). Unfortunately his home directory (http://home.pacbell.net/beban) is no longer available and the latest posts I could find date from 2008 and earlier. Does anyone know where I might find those functions?

Much appreciated for any pointers.

Last edited:

Excel Facts

Get help while writing formula
Click the italics "fx" icon to the left of the formula bar to open the Functions Arguments dialog. Help is displayed for each argument.
Ikester,

There is a lot of information out there if your search the web for Alan Beban Excel functions

Upvote 0
Ikester,

There is a lot of information out there if your search the web for Alan Beban Excel functions

For sure! Trouble is none result in any current repository. I entered exactly the search terms you suggested and all but a few were links I'd already visited. None of the others were more recent, certainly none hit upon any current repository.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I have been researching passing arrays via functions with the aim of developing a generalized index/exact match function and ran across reference to an Alan Beban set of xls functions (including here). Unfortunately his home directory (http://home.pacbell.net/beban) is no longer available and the latest posts I could find date from 2008 and earlier. Does anyone know where I might find those functions?

Perhaps if you describe in detail (with before/after examples) exactly what you are trying to do, someone here might be able to develop the code for you without your needing to find what appears to be a no-longer-available resource.

Upvote 0
Hello Rick! ... and thank you! Actually I've read a number of your replies to various questions and, in that regard, you have been a big help already! I find that if I struggle with a problem rather than getting a solution dropped in my lap, I learn a lot more in the process. So I tend to look for examples of issues related to what I'm aiming to do and in the process find out even more than what I bargained for. I was hoping that the Beban functions might speed the process. Oh well, if not available anymore I'll carry on. Tonight I was testing a few things and think I am seeing the light. I'll post where I end up and you - or anyone else - can tell me how I could have done even better. :)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
max_pedreira

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back