Alert for Dates

nischal448

Board Regular
Hi,

I have an excel sheet where I track revenue on projects , eg :- A Bank project , revenue to be received on 31-Dec-16. I need a alert on the date , when the date is 1Dec'16 , let be a highlighting or any other alert on the date. Please help to address this request.

Excel Facts

Get help while writing formula
Click the italics "fx" icon to the left of the formula bar to open the Functions Arguments dialog. Help is displayed for each argument.
conditional formatting > use formula to highlight

If the cell in question is A1 then formula would be [=A1=TODAY()]
for first of month that the date is in, formula could be [=EOMONTH(A1,-1)+1=TODAY()]

You could extend the formula to consider if between start / end dates

You could warn when dates are within X days, and use VBA to flag when instances exist via pop-up messages

Upvote 0
Sir, i am a novice to excel. Hence would you please elaborate .

I have the column starting with M2:M217 with dates in each of the cells. my query is ,i have a cell among these cells which has a date of 31-Dec-16, and tomorrow being 1st December'16 , when i open the sheet tomorrow or day after, i need to get the alert or highlight or pop up, the best thing would be pop up , would be able to help? your help will make a difference to me at my work place. Please help! Thank you in advance.

Upvote 0
Conditional Formatting is a feature that changes the colour / font / border etc. of a cell based on the value of that cell. You'll find the feature on the Home Tab

Select the range you want to apply CF to (M2:M217)

Home > Conditional Formatting > New Rule > Use a formula to determine which cells to format

Add the formula described in my first post, amended to your range: =M2=TODAY()

Apply the format Fill = Red

Now any cell containing today's date will appear red, and this will change every day. You can use different formulas to highlight different values, such as: =EOMONTH(M2,0)=EOMONTH(TODAY(),0) for any day in this month

To create pop-up messages requires the use of VBA which if you're a novice is not the best option to be looking at yet. Keep it simple

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arbind kumar

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back