Alert if a value repeats more than x times

nupema

Dear community,

I would like to have your help to find a solution for the following situation.

Basically I'm trying to have an alert if within a range (in a raw) if a value repeats more than x times, but only if a certain value is not found on the previous cell.

Meaning, I want an alert to come up if I have in the corresponding raw certain criteria. If a cell with "AB" is found and the next 6 cells in that RAW, after the "AB" have numbers only, the Cell where the formula is running should return a "NOT OK".

I'm for a while trying to make this working, but until now without success.. :/

Can someone kindly help me?

Excel Facts

Copy formula down without changing references
If you have =SUM(F2:F49) in F50; type Alt+' in F51 to copy =SUM(F2:F49) to F51, leaving the formula in edit mode. Change SUM to COUNT.
I want an alert to come up if .... a cell with "AB" is found and the next 6 cells in that ROW, after the "AB" have numbers only, the Cell where the formula is running should return a "NOT OK".

=IF(AND(A2="AB",NOT(ISERR(B2+C2+D2+E2+F2+G2))),"Not OK","")

Above formula returns Not OK if A2 = "AB" and there no TEXT in range B2:G2

Not OK.jpg

Upvote 0
Hi Yongle,

Thanks for your reply. :) It's not exactly what I need, I guess I didn't explain my self so good.

Please check the file I'm sharing with an example of what I need and I hope you can help me. :)

Upvote 0
Cross posted Alert if a value repeats more than x times

While we do not prohibit Cross-Posting on this site, we do ask that you please mention you are doing so and provide links in each of the threads pointing to the other thread (see rule 13 here along with the explanation: Forum Rules).
This way, other members can see what has already been done in regards to a question, and do not waste time working on a question that may already be answered.

Upvote 0
looking at your file ....

Is this what you want ?
- identify every row where 6 adjacent cells ALL contain a number > 0

Upvote 0
Solution
Cross posted Alert if a value repeats more than x times

While we do not prohibit Cross-Posting on this site, we do ask that you please mention you are doing so and provide links in each of the threads pointing to the other thread (see rule 13 here along with the explanation: Forum Rules).
This way, other members can see what has already been done in regards to a question, and do not waste time working on a question that may already be answered.

Apologies. Here it goes the Link to the other forum.

Upvote 0
I suspect that your problem could be solved using an ARRAY formula - but that is not one of my sterngths

In the meantime ....
This is not quite what you want but it uses condtional formatting to format the FIRST of 6 (or more) adjacent cells matching your requirement

Using example in your workbook (I have removed your formatting) ...

Select C3:P7
Click on Conditional Formatting (on Home Tab) \ New Rule \ Use Formula to determine ... (see below)
This formula in the box =AND(COUNT(C3:H3)=6,COUNT(B3:G3)<>6)
... then click on Format etc

As expected, C3 and G6 are formatted

It is simple and very close - but unfortunately there is no standard Excel formula to count red cells in a row

A User Defined Funcion can be written (using VBA) and used like any other formula - I will post UDF on the thread in approx 24 hours

RedCells.jpg

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
denissimo

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back