All Access-objects hidden

petertenthije

In one of my databases I can't see any objects anymore in the navigation pane.

I tried changing the navigations options to include all hidden objects, system objects etc. Still nothing.
The VBA editor shows the forms and modules, but the properties are hidden as well. So I can't unhide from VBA either.

The database does work as intended. It opens up on a main screen, with several subscreens that can be clicked through from the landing page. There is no code in the main screen that would hide objects.

This database does not have a password, so it's not a password-protection setting either.

What could it be?

Excel Facts

Test for Multiple Conditions in IF?
Use AND(test, test, test, test) or OR(test, test, test, ...) as the logical_test argument of IF.
Try compact and repair if you haven't :)
What is the format / extension of the database file? Is it compiled or run-time or simply ACCDB? Can you edit VBA code?

Have you tried clicking on the top tiltle bar of the navigation pane and selecting "object type" and "show all acces objects" on the popu menu?

Or go into the database optons and turn on show hidden objects. If it is on already turn it off and say okay until back to normal access windows and then go back and turn on show hidden objects. You should now see the objects but they will be greyed out. Right click on that object type title bar and select unhide.

Last option is you create a new database and import everything from the old one into the new one. This should do it 100% if it is not an Office issue.

Upvote 0
Try compact and repair if you haven't :)
What is the format / extension of the database file? Is it compiled or run-time or simply ACCDB? Can you edit VBA code?

Have you tried clicking on the top tiltle bar of the navigation pane and selecting "object type" and "show all acces objects" on the popu menu?

Or go into the database optons and turn on show hidden objects. If it is on already turn it off and say okay until back to normal access windows and then go back and turn on show hidden objects. You should now see the objects but they will be greyed out. Right click on that object type title bar and select unhide.

Last option is you create a new database and import everything from the old one into the new one. This should do it 100% if it is not an Office issue.
Simple ACCDB.
I can edit VBA.
I did try “show all acces objects”.
I did try “show hidden objects”, several times.
And last but not list, I did try compact & repair.

How can I import items from another database, when I can't see the items?

Upvote 0
Create a new db file. Go to New Data source>From Database> Access >check Import tables, queries .... > Browse ... > select your corrupt db > OK.
Hopefully you will get a window full of database objects > select them all> Options ... > check the ones you need > and import.
Hope this works.
The other way is for import to be done by VBA - since the db is working then the objects are all there so they can be found. Hopefully the necessary system table is not too corrupted.

have you created any custom Navigation pane groups?

Upvote 0
Solution
BTW just thought of something to try first:
In Nav Pane select Category Object Type, the Show All access Objects.
Right click navPane title bar > Navigation options ... > Under categories select Object type> then on the right under Groups ALL MUST BE CHECKED.
Check the same by selectring all categories in the list on the right. > OK

Upvote 0
I will try to create a new db tomorrow when l am back in the office.

The other two suggestions you made I already tried as well. :)

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I am almost sure, like 99.999 %, that somehow the db objects are filtered out not to show in the nav pane. I can easily replicate this behaviour on my machine. And this behaviour is at file level.
So if you can't really figure out the filtering, a simple import in another db will sort it for sure. Then you will just have to adjust the start up form, db properties, ribbon etc. (if any)

Do not expect to see any properties for db objects in VBE - maybe only names for modules. All object properties are set in the object designers.

Upvote 0
The decompile did not work either.

I made a copy of the database as suggested by bobsan42, and that did the trick.

Thanks everyone for your help.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sweeberry

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back