All todays data has disappeared! :( PLEASE HELP!!!

Brovashift

Office Version
  1. 2007
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi all,

I am praying to god that someone here can please help me... I have been working on a project in Excel (office 2007) and have been working on it all day today, was literally finished, just one more formula for the last cell and I was done.

I tired to open up another excel project by starting a new excel program, like I have done before, in order to see how a particular formula had been written in there, and other projects seemed to crash. I dialog box did pop up but I didn't read it and just hit OK. But now all the work I have done today had disappeared, and there was a lot! Also the completed project that I was trying to open up has also lost part of its data as well. I don't understand what has happened, because I have also got Auto Save checked in the options, set to every 10mins.

I am praying that those auto saves are somewhere on my computer. I am using windows 10.

I am hoping one of you excel experts can save me, before my acid reflux kills me! lol

Thank you in advance o_O

I once read an article that described the following scenario:

While working with Excel, you click save and think that your work is saved. Then, a breaker is tripped or a blackout comes. When things go back to normal, you open Excel trying to get back to where you were. Surprise! Your work is not saved. There is a lag between when you click to save and when Excel actually saves the work. If you lose power in between, the work is not saved.

The article said Microsoft would rectify the problem. Not sure if they have done it. My pc is always on a UPS.
I make a "backup copy" of the entire workbook naming it with date and time. Then I check to verify the backup copy was complete.

If the power goes out while I am doing that, the worse case scenario is I've lost maybe 30 minutes of work. I work slow, so there wouldn't be much to rebuild.

:cool:

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Highlight Duplicates
Home, Conditional Formatting, Highlight Cells, Duplicate records, OK to add pink formatting to any duplicates in selected range.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spamiki

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back