Allocating specific booking numbers to specific customers - Help needed

deankavon

Hello!

So, i have the following problem;

i have a powerpivot table with specific data as booking numbers and margins made on those bookings.

Each specific booking starts with a number.

for example:

110000/13 or 120000/13

What i need to do is to connect these booking numbers and associated margins to a specific customer;

110000/13 - Customer A
120000/13 - Customer B

And also i need to connect 5 different booking numbers to one specific customer.

These booking numbers start from 0000 and continue on.

I basically need them to be connected and to allocate each new booking number to the specific customer.

Now, the thing is i dont have the customers in this powerpivot table.

Help would really be much appreciated!

Excel Facts

Copy a format multiple times
Select a formatted range. Double-click the Format Painter (left side of Home tab). You can paste formatting multiple times. Esc to stop
Anyone? :(

Hello!

So, i have the following problem;

i have a powerpivot table with specific data as booking numbers and margins made on those bookings.

Each specific booking starts with a number.

for example:

110000/13 or 120000/13

What i need to do is to connect these booking numbers and associated margins to a specific customer;

110000/13 - Customer A
120000/13 - Customer B

And also i need to connect 5 different booking numbers to one specific customer.

These booking numbers start from 0000 and continue on.

I basically need them to be connected and to allocate each new booking number to the specific customer.

Now, the thing is i dont have the customers in this powerpivot table.

Help would really be much appreciated!

Upvote 0
Its not really clear what you are trying to do! If you post a more thorough explanation of what your data looks like and what the goal is I would be happy to have a look.

Upvote 0
Its not really clear what you are trying to do! If you post a more thorough explanation of what your data looks like and what the goal is I would be happy to have a look.

Hi Jacob! thanks for the reply.

Ok, let me try it like this;

I have two columns;

Column 1: BOOKING NUMBER
Column 2: MARGIN

Booking numbers start from 110000/13. 110001/13. 110002/13...and so on.

Now, there is no customer column in the table but i know that for example booking numbers starting from 110000/13 belong to customer A and so on.

I have to connect all this booking numbers to 20 different customers so we can see how much margin we are earning per customer.

The first problem i see is that powepivot sees the booking number as a text since 110001/13 is a text string because of the /.

I hope this helps :S

Upvote 0
Do you have a separate table that associates customers and bookings? Is the portion to the left of the / the customer reference?

Upvote 0
Do you have a separate table that associates customers and bookings? Is the portion to the left of the / the customer reference?

No, i do not have a separate table :(...

Basically if i understand it correctly i have to create a linked customer key table with the associations...but, how to do it since booking numbers would be counted as 110000/13, 110000/14 instead of 110001/13 and so on.

Any suggestion?

Upvote 0
Sorry, that's still not particularly helpful! Are you saying that 110000 is the booking reference and 13 is the customer?

Upvote 0
Sorry, that's still not particularly helpful! Are you saying that 110000 is the booking reference and 13 is the customer?

No,no...110000 is the booking num, 13 is the year as in 2013.

For example, booking numbers starting with 110000/13 have to be asociated to customer A.

And customer A, B, C and so on are not included in the powerpivot table.

Upvote 0
PowerPivot is good but it is not magic!

If there is nothing in your model that associates booking references with customers then you are stuck.......

Upvote 0
PowerPivot is good but it is not magic!

If there is nothing in your model that associates booking references with customers then you are stuck.......

Jacob, thanks for all the support. I am still trying to resolve this issue.

Is there any excel formula in a basic sheet that count a booking number 1000-13 to 1001-13,1002-13,1004-13 and so on instead of 1000-14,1000-15 and so on?

If i can resolve this, then i have solved my powerpivot issue with creating a linked table containing booking numbers from 1000-13 to 1999-13 with a customer A next to it and then create a relationship in powerpivot between them.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
recon11bucks

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back