Allow locked sheet to update data inputted from a User Form and to populate formulas from an active table

JennyLyons

Hi everyone,

I built a database in Excel using data entry forms. On Sheet1 there are a bunch of buttons to access the various UserFroms. The UserFrom data automatically gets inserted into my data tab in Sheet2. The location where the data is inputted is an active table with built-in formulas that transform the entered data from the UserFrom. When none of the sheets are locked, the data gets entered into the active table from the user form and all the formulas auto-populate. The person I am working with wants those entering data in the UserFroms to be able to see the data tab, but not edit it. Therefore, I tried password protecting the sheet. When I did that, I could not enter data using the UserFrom in the locked sheet. After searching online, I found this code:

Sub AllowDataEntryOnly()
ActiveSheet.Protect Userinterfaceonly:=True, AllowFiltering:=True
Range("A228:DX10000").Locked = False
MsgBox "Only allow data entry in range C2:C20", vbInformation, "Kutools for Excel"
End Sub

When I use this, it allows me to enter the data in the locked sheet, but it doesn't populate the active table with the formulas. It just enters the form data. How can I get the new data to add into the active table so the formulas populate?

I would appreciate any help or advice!!

Excel Facts

Wildcard in VLOOKUP
Use =VLOOKUP("Apple*" to find apple, Apple, or applesauce

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JAMES KECULAH

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back