Allow only copying of values not formulas

Miro H

Hello,

Is there a possibility in Excel to allow only copying of values (results) and lock copying of the formulas from the same cell?

I have an Excel sheet where user has to enter a code in one cell and based on the code he gets results in the other cell - which has to be copied to some other sheet that each user has locally.

To make it "fault-proof" I have to lock possibility of copying the formulas but allow copying of the values only "automatically".
Paste Special and choosing only values is not a good solution as there will be a lot of users with very limited Excel knowledge and they have to have just simple copy-paste available otherwise it will be a mess.

Last edited:

Toadstool

Miro,

I'm not sure I understand the issue because if I set my formula cell to Locked and Hidden Format then Protect the sheet I can copy and paste to another sheet but it only copies the result of the formula, which is what I think you want.

Miro H

Hello,

Yes, that's exactly what I want!

I set it to Locked but without Hidden Format and everytime formulas have been copied. With hidden I get exactly what I wanted.

Thanks for help!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alecalec202

Some videos you may like

This Week's Hot Topics

• populate from drop list with multiple tables
    Hi All, i have a drop list that displays data, what i want is when i select one of those from the list to populate text from different tables on...
  • Find list of words from sheet2 in sheet1 before a comma and extract text vba
    Hi Friends, Trying to find the solution on my task. But did not find suitable one to the need. Here is my query and sample file with details...
  • Dynamic Formula entry - VBA code sought
    Hello, really hope one of you experts can help with this - i've spent hours on this and getting no-where. .I have a set of data (more rows than...
  • Listbox Header
    Have a named range called "AccidentsHeader" Within my code I have: [CODE]Private Sub CommandButton1_Click() ListBox1.RowSource =...
  • Complex Heat Map using conditional formatting
    Good day excel world. I have a concern. Below link have a list of countries that carries each country unique data. [URL...
  • Conditional formatting
    Hi good morning, hope you can help me please, I have cells P4:P54 and if this cell is equal to 1 then i want row O to say "Fully Utilised" and to...