Allow User to Select Multiple Files from Different Folders

frank_AL

I am a relative newbie at VBA programming. I have muddled my way through development of a program for a company that their field Account Managers use to create weekly reports for their customers and a great deal of features associated with the program. I had successfully created the ability to create an e-mail, allow the user to select additional files to attach to the e-mail. However, how would I allow the user to attach multiple files from different folders? I have spent several hours to this point researching and searching on the internet (By the way, your site is far and above the best site for answers!). When I use Application.FileDialog(msoFileDialogFilePicker) I can select multiple files in a single folder and they attach without problem. When using that dialog if I try to go to another folder and select another file it appears to delete the previously selected file(s).

Everything I have read indicates you can only have a single instance of the Application.FileDialog. I had thought about and If or Select routine that would allow the user to step through the process again to select additional files from another folder. I have seen a ".Save" option but I've not been able to determine how I would use that.

Any help would be appreciated!
Frank in Alabama

Excel Facts

Which Excel functions can ignore hidden rows?
The SUBTOTAL and AGGREGATE functions ignore hidden rows. AGGREGATE can also exclude error cells and more.
I have resolved my issue by looping the code that asks the user if they want to attach files and writing the files they select to cells in the worksheet then attaching files from that list.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
screechyboy79

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back