Allowing scrolling table in a protected sheet

danjuma

Hello. So, I have a scrolling table in an excel sheet (screenshot below) and want to protect the sheet so no editing etc. can take place. The issue is that when the sheet is protected, the scroll bar for the table seems protected as well and users are unable to scroll to view all the data in the table, but I want users to be able to use the scroll bar to view data.

Attachments

• scrollbar.JPG
    scrollbar.JPG
    52.7 KB · Views: 12

Excel Facts

How to calculate loan payments in Excel?
Use the PMT function: =PMT(5%/12,60,-25000) is for a $25,000 loan, 5% annual interest, 60 month loan.
Hello. So, I have a scrolling table in an excel sheet (screenshot below) and want to protect the sheet so no editing etc. can take place. The issue is that when the sheet is protected, the scroll bar for the table seems protected as well and users are unable to scroll to view all the data in the table, but I want users to be able to use the scroll bar to view data.
Assuming the scrollbar is some sort of control, you need to specifically set the control to unlocked. Right click → Format Control → Protection and make sure the Locked checkbox is unchecked.

Upvote 0
Hello. Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately your suggestion, which I had already tried myself, does not work (i.e. the scrollbar does not move when the sheet is protected)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andreguerra

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back