Alternative languages to VBA

Fredrik1987

Board Regular
Hi!

I've tried reading about alternative languages to VBA on different forums, but haven't really found an answer.
I know it's not a yes/no alternative here, but any recommendations is appreciated :)

I want to build several userforms in MS Excel, they're built just fine in VBA, but i was hoping there's a language that offers a better IDE and/or easier way to build classes/modules etc. than VBA.

So far I've looked into VS studio and build an VSTO add-in or windows userform through vb.net, is that something I should look more into? I'm also hoping to learn a bit more about building simple webpages or something similiar later on (e.g through Ruby on Rails), so a language that's build up similiar would be a pro (I guess)?

Keep in mind I feel like I'm fairly low on the techladder, I'm also alone the "only" person in my department doing this, so a well developed community would be a huge pro!:)

Excel Facts

Shade all formula cells
To shade all formula cells: Home, Find & Select, Formulas to select all formulas. Then apply a light fill color.
VBA is part of Microsoft Office. You don't need any special tools to work within it. No special installation. Your code can be in a workbook, addin, template.

You step outside of VBA and you will have to create a COM Addin.

I don't see understand what difficulty you have with VBA. There are tools (MZ-tools, for example) that add extras to the VBE.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tanurai

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back