Alternative to conditional formatting for project management calendar

camascari

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
  2. Web
Creating a calendar to be shared with multiple teams. I wanted to use conditional formatting to show whether a project was not yet started, in progress, or complete, as well as color-code tasks. However, it was way too many conditions and started crashing my workbook. I'm trying to see if there is an alternative by using VBA and I'm wracking my brain trying to figure it out.

All tasks are listed on a master "task" sheet and pulled into the cells of the calendar using the following formula:
Excel Formula:
=IFERROR(INDEX(Tasks[DESCRIPTION],SMALL(IF(DATEVALUE(TEXT(B$5,"mm/dd/yyyy"))=Tasks[CORRECTED],IF(Tasks[SHOW]=TRUE,ROW(Tasks[DESCRIPTION])-4,"")),ROW()-5)),"")

Capture3.PNG

Would it be easier to format this master sheet then have a VBA copy and paste the task description into the proper date on the calendar? Or to leave the current formula as-is and create VBA to format each cell based on the criteria? (There can be multiple tasks on any given date and there are checkboxes at the beginning of the calendar allowing user to toggle viewing certain tasks).

Excel Facts

How to total the visible cells?
From the first blank cell below a filtered data set, press Alt+=. Instead of SUM, you will get SUBTOTAL(9,)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arle8907

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back