Annoying Copy & Paste Problem

DATodd

We recently upgraded to version 2003. I copy and paste a lot of charts to Powerpoint. Now when I select a chart and copy it to the clipboard, the chart changes all over the place. And the chart looks like crap when I paste it to Powerpoint. The plot area moves, my legends, labels, titles move, the font sizes change.

What's going on?

Excel Facts

Add Bullets to Range
Select range. Press Ctrl+1. On Number tab, choose Custom. Type Alt+7 then space then @ sign (using 7 on numeric keypad)
if you dont need to change the chart when in powerpoint try using paste special and past as a picture

Upvote 0
I'm having the same problem...When I paste it as an enhanced metafile there is little room to expand the image. So even though it looks great in excel it looks small after it is pasted in powerpoint. This trial and error approach (for font, row height, column width etc etc) is extremely inefficient. Any suggestions?

Upvote 0
You may try copying the chart as a picture before you paste it to powerpoint. To do this, select the chart, then hold down shift while choosing the edit menu. Then choose copy picture - appearance = as shown on screen, format = picture.

This ususally works for me.

Upvote 0
I just tried the picture routine and I didn't have any trouble with the shift edit thing, but there was nothing there when I went to Microsoft Photoeditor to paste the "Copied" picture.

However, I agree when the graph looks like what you want, it's alot easier to manipulate as an image.

And the super easy way to do that is ALT+PrintScreen [up there next to F-12]

Make your graph big first.

Upvote 0
Hey StaCase,
I'm not sure when going to photoeditor, but it works for me in powerpoint (original request).

The alt+print screen is another choice, but you have to first go to editor and crop out everything except the chart.

I think simply copying the chart as a picture and pasting it into powerpoint is a much more efficient method than alt+prnt screen route.

Upvote 0
I think it's related to the zoom feature. I have better luck if I copy and paste a graph when at 100%. This problem seems to occur if I have zoom set to 150%.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moonlight6

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back