Another Array Formula Question.....oops!

jdowski

Board Regular
Hi All,

This post is an addition to an earlier post from today. I have 4 columns of data;
Column A is a business name where there can be multiple entries for the same business.
Columns B & C are currency fields. If there is an currency entry for a given business in Col B (Performing)there won't be one for Col C, (Non Performing) and vice versa. There is also a column D,(Availability) which is also a currency field. There can be entries in Col D whether there are entries in Col's B or C.
What I want to do is sum, by business (Col A), the total for Column D grouped by Col's B & C, (Performing & Non Performing).
Here is the array formula that I have tried for getting the totals for Non Performing.
=SUM(if(Business=A6),if(Performing=""),Availability,0),0)
Any suggestions would be welcomed,

Joe
Woodbury, CT. USA.

Excel Facts

Ambidextrous Undo
Undo last command with Ctrl+Z or Alt+Backspace. If you use the Undo icon in the QAT, open the drop-down arrow to undo up to 100 steps.
On 2002-10-15 15:06, jdowski wrote:
Hi All,

This post is an addition to an earlier post from today. I have 4 columns of data;
Column A is a business name where there can be multiple entries for the same business.
Columns B & C are currency fields. If there is an currency entry for a given business in Col B (Performing)there won't be one for Col C, (Non Performing) and vice versa. There is also a column D,(Availability) which is also a currency field. There can be entries in Col D whether there are entries in Col's B or C.
What I want to do is sum, by business (Col A), the total for Column D grouped by Col's B & C, (Performing & Non Performing).
Here is the array formula that I have tried for getting the totals for Non Performing.

Joe
Woodbury, CT. USA.

You can extend either the Array or Sumproduct
formulas

Array enter

=SUM(IF(($A$2:$A$6=$E4)*ISNUMBER($B$2:$B$6),$D$2:$D$6))

or just enter

=SUMPRODUCT(($A$2:$A$20=E3)*($C$2:$C$20>0),$D$2:$D$20)

Aladin recently provided an excellent commentary on SumProduct.

Upvote 0
Book1
ABCDEFGHIJKL
1BusinessPerformingNonperformingAvailabilityPerformingNonperforming
2McDonalds1000$2,471McDonalds23
3McDonalds2500$1,502McDonalds$5,172$5,726
4McDonalds1500$2,701
5McDonalds1800$1,283
6McDonalds1700$2,941
Sheet1

Upvote 0
On 2002-10-15 15:06, jdowski wrote:
Hi All,

Joe
Woodbury, CT. USA.

=SUMPRODUCT(Business-Range=A6)*(Performing-range>0),Availability-Range))

I leave the other to you.

The above formula operates on arrays just like an array-entered formula does. The former executes slightly faster than the latter.

See

http://www.mrexcel.com/wwwboard/messages/8961.html

http://www.mrexcel.com/board/viewtopic.php?topic=25380&forum=2
This message was edited by Aladin Akyurek on 2002-10-15 15:21

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DET4492

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back