Another lottery question

anon125

How do i with excel 2002 determine if all 6 lottery numbers have been won more than once?
Same for 5 of 6 numbers.
As you know the data increases after every draw. So naming the data field has to accommodate this.
Thanks all

How do i with excel 2002 determine if all 6 lottery numbers have been won more than once?
Same for 5 of 6 numbers.
As you know the data increases after every draw. So naming the data field has to accommodate this.
Thanks all
Most Bet and lottery companies, have statistic of all drawings of numbers, back in time. And in most cases, these numbers are public. So a guess is, if you look at the specific lottery which have your interest, you can find the numbers you are looking for, there!

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Ambidextrous Undo
Undo last command with Ctrl+Z or Alt+Backspace. If you use the Undo icon in the QAT, open the drop-down arrow to undo up to 100 steps.
Am i right in thinking nobody else has an excel solution?
I asked to have the post deleted.
Because you did not do so, and sent other comments, the other forum closed the post.
Next time listen to the original poster

Upvote 0
Next time listen to the original poster
Please do not tell us what to do. It is up to you to follow the rules & as this is not the first time you have cross posted without supplying links, you should know by now that you need to do that.

Upvote 0
Am i right in thinking nobody else has an excel solution?
A 'solution' exists but as you did not well read answers so you did not help yourself …​
When you commit cross posting if you create exactly the same poor initial post what could you expect ?!​
As any thread created with a good enough elaboration & an attachment you may get a solution in next post …​
But according to your initial post, it's just a guessing challenge so very not what expects every Excel forums …​

Upvote 0
I went through a phase like this. Most, if not all, lotteries will post the results of previous draws. You can then download them. I researched my lottery and found there are several things done to prevent finding a pattern. I don't remember exactly the numbers, but they had like 6 different machines and 12 different sets of balls. They would choose a machine randomly and a set of balls randomly. Over time you might be able to see which sets of balls worked a certain way in certain machines, but they don't tell you which machines and which balls will be used before the draw. You only find that out afterward. The nail in the theory is the fact that they bought new balls at regular intervals and even replaced the machines every so often. There is never enough time to get a good enough set of data. You can get all those details from your lottery.

Upvote 0
I went through a phase like this. Most, if not all, lotteries will post the results of previous draws. You can then download them. I researched my lottery and found there are several things done to prevent finding a pattern. I don't remember exactly the numbers, but they had like 6 different machines and 12 different sets of balls. They would choose a machine randomly and a set of balls randomly. Over time you might be able to see which sets of balls worked a certain way in certain machines, but they don't tell you which machines and which balls will be used before the draw. You only find that out afterward. The nail in the theory is the fact that they bought new balls at regular intervals and even replaced the machines every so often. There is never enough time to get a good enough set of data. You can get all those details from your lottery.

Upvote 0
thanks for confirming that nobody here has an excel solution.

and that you expect people who seldom use this forum to remember arcane rules

now close the post so i can look elsewhere

Upvote 0

Those "arcane" rules are so you don't waste anyone else's time, so people don't respond back with solutions that might have already been suggested elsewhere, and people trying to solve something that might already have a solution elsewhere.

It really is just about common courtesy and having respect for other people's volunteered time. Pretty much all forums of this nature have some variation of this rule.

Upvote 0

I don't think "arcane" means what you think it means.

ar·cane
/ärˈkān/
adjective
understood by few; mysterious or secret.

The rules are literally posted on every message board, everywhere.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Armadillos

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back