Another quick one if I may.....

Stretlow

Board Regular
im using the conditional formatting to highlight an entire row ->

im using

=$F3=today() to highlight yellow it if F3 hits todays date

ive set another conditional format up with

=$H3=today() to highlight red when it hits this date

i know im nearly there but i want the yellow to highlight until we hit red the period is 11 days and then stay red permanently

Is this possible

Again help much appreciated <!-- / message -->

Excel Facts

What do {} around a formula in the formula bar mean?
{Formula} means the formula was entered using Ctrl+Shift+Enter signifying an old-style array formula.
I'm confused by your statement that you are using "conditional formatting to highlight an entire row."

But then you mention only formatting F3 and H3. While you can have up to 3 conditions in excel versions before 2007, you don't seem to indicate that is what is being done.

I am sorry, but I also don't follow your logic that " want the yellow to highlight until we hit red the period is 11 days and then stay red permanently."

If you are saying that you want the record to highlight 11 days before the due date (which you didn't indicate where the due date was) and then stay red after it reaches the current date, that can work. I just need to understand your specs better.

Upvote 0
I'm confused by your statement that you are using "conditional formatting to highlight an entire row."

But then you mention only formatting F3 and H3. While you can have up to 3 conditions in excel versions before 2007, you don't seem to indicate that is what is being done.

I am sorry, but I also don't follow your logic that " want the yellow to highlight until we hit red the period is 11 days and then stay red permanently."

If you are saying that you want the record to highlight 11 days before the due date (which you didn't indicate where the due date was) and then stay red after it reaches the current date, that can work. I just need to understand your specs better.

Ok there is a date in COLUMN F this date is 10 days after i have initially checked something and I need to chase it up so what ive done is highlighted the entire row (row 3) and used

=$F3=today() in a conditional format to change the colour when we get to this date

so when the date in F3 is today the entire row will highlight amber indicating that I need to chase it up.

I want the row to stay amber until we hit the date thats in Column H which is 21 days after my first check, ive used

$H3=today() to change the entire row red indicating is urgent

and I want it to stay red until I delete it.

So in summary Column F contains a 10 day "check" date for which I want it to turn Amber and stay amber until we get to the Date in Column H (which is a 21 day check date) when I want it to turn red and stay red.

Does that make sense?

Upvote 0
KSTWS posts a partial solution. I added to it.

Yellow condition
=and($F3 >= TODAY()-10,TODAY() < H3)

Red Condition
=$H3 >= TODAY()

Upvote 0
I got the equation backwards. corrections here...

yellow
=AND(today() >= $F3,today() < $H3)

red
=today() >= $H3

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thietbibeboiwasaco

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back