ANSWERSIF Need to find average of one column with two connected criteria. Desperate for an answer.

Ventura7

Office Version
  1. 2019
Platform
  1. Windows
So I have a column with number of trips, another with number of vehicles and another with number of people.

I need to find the average of the number of trips WHEN number of vehicles is greater than 0 BUT number of workers is greater than the number of vehicles.

I have been using averageifs for this. Do anyone have any ideas what the code might look like?

I have tried =ANSWERIFS(A:A, B:B, ">0", C:C, ">"&B:B) but I am not having any luck.

Please could someone help?

V7

Excel Facts

Links? Where??
If Excel says you have links but you can't find them, go to Formulas, Name Manager. Look for old links to dead workbooks & delete.
Welcome to MrExcel Message Board.
Try this:
Excel Formula:
=AVERAGEIFS(A:A, B:B, ">"&0, C:C, ">"&B:B)

Upvote 0
Thank you! And unfortunately this gives me the same answer as I was getting previously. I have manually checked it and it isn't correct.

Upvote 0
Thank you! And unfortunately this gives me the same answer as I was getting previously. I have manually checked it and it isn't correct.
=AVERAGEIFS(A:A, B:B, ">"&0, C:C, ">"&B)

How about this?

Upvote 0
Thanks for the link, I have previoulsy read through this and I understand the syntax but having difficulty with this due to the limits instead of whole values and a row in one column must be same as row in another

Upvote 0

This is where the file is, the values in yellow are the desired values however, I would like to be able to use averageifs to get the correct answer, the sumifs way seems sloppy

Upvote 0
What about this:
Excel Formula:
=SUMPRODUCT((A:A)*(B:B>0)*(C:C>B:B))/SUMPRODUCT(--(C:C>B:B))

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melvetica

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back