Any limit on X-Y scatter plots

sparanj

I wanted to make an X-Y plot. I have 4242 pairs of points in two columns. If I only plot 2100 points, the X-Y scatter plot works correctly in excel. If I choose any more than 2100 points, scatter plot seems to revert to a line plot and plots the Y column against a point pair number instead of an X-Y plot. Is there a limit on # of points one can have for an X-Y plot ? How do I get around it to plot all 4242 points ?

Excel Facts

Workdays for a market open Mon, Wed, Friday?
Yes! Use "0101011" for the weekend argument in NETWORKDAYS.INTL or WORKDAY.INTL. The 7 digits start on Monday. 1 means it is a weekend.
Max number of points for a data series in a 2D chart is 32,000. i cannot replicate your problem.

Upvote 0
Thanks for your reply. I played around a bit more, knowing that I am nowhere close to 32000 points. I found out that some of the cells had bad data (text instead of numbers). When I deleted those with a global replace, the XY plot came back. When I was choosing 2100 points it was working as there was no bad data in the range selected. I did 2150 onwards and it did not work as that was where the text entries were.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marion_davis

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back