Any one up for a Chalenge

fqb34r

Board Regular
This might not be a normal request for help

I am a prison officer and some one came up with the idear of setting up a website so relatives could book visits on line.

This sparked my intress apart from the glory of setting up somthing like this it i thourt it would be a good chalenge, until i started and relised how dificult it was going to be Espesialy as i am trying to learn about access at the same time

I am used to working with excel and access is so 3D and not flat like excel it is making my small brain heart so now i have waffeld on hear is what i am looking for

Is there any one out there who would like to help me build this data base there will be noting in it apart from the chalenge

CHEEKY I KNOW :rolleyes:

you can contact me at kevinhood@blueyonder.co.uk

Excel Facts

Can you sort left to right?
To sort left-to-right, use the Sort dialog box. Click Options. Choose "Sort left to right"
The database itself is easy. The hard part is programming the website to interact with the access database.

At least for me...as I know nothing about web design.

If you find a person who will help with the web connection, I can help with the database.

Upvote 0
Hi,

It's not my area of expertise, but is information about the location of such detained individuals in this situation at any given time in the public domain? If not I was wondering about the implications of having this system online in terms of confidentiality and information security?

e.g. the booking process, the potential visitor must at some point request who they are wanting to visit and as such there must be may be some sort of validation of the request against a list of current detainees.

In both aspects there must be inherent safeguards online to protect the sensitive information which is in itself a mammoth task in my view.

Just some thoughts.

Upvote 0
tafigueroa
thanks for that offier prehaps you could drop me an email so i could get back to you if or when i find some one to help with the web side

kev

Upvote 0
Darth Access

Yes there are securaty issues that will have to be over come and i will need to speek to some experts on the subject but nothing that cant be over come i dont think

kev

Upvote 0
Hi

Just a quick pointer - if you're looking for help on the web side then it would help to know what scripting etc you have available on your web site (i.e. does it use ASP or PHP etc etc) so that people will know if they have the required skills?

Martin

Upvote 0
Hi

To be honest I would check with your employer first in that case as they will probably have their own ideas regarding what you're trying to do (i.e. either they'll do it internally or something) - especially due to the nature of what you're trying to achieve.

Cheers
Martin

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ajax40

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back