Any way to capture current Data View/ Tab filter settings and recreate for another user?

GertFoot

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
We're looking to build a simple PBI report that will help us process a lot of data and find interesting combinations of factors/ fields/ columns values.

The data view/ tab actually suits our needs very well - we simply use filters on ~10 columns and can find a set of records that require additional investigation.

We'd like to be able to save the specific combination of specific filter values on the current data view/ tab and send it to another colleague for processing.

I've tried to recreate the data view in a report but I can't get a similar top of the column filter setup. I can recreate the current filter on the Power Query page but I have to duplicate all of the filter settings from the data view page to the Power Query. From the Power Query Advanced Editor I can see a DAX? query which looks like a potential solution but I would much rather save the current data view/ tab page without all the additional duplication of steps and effort.

I could possibly use Excel as a kind of data view/ tab proxy - but I'm not sure Excel would cope with the tens of millions of rows we are processing in a single operation.

Thank you for any advice or tips that might get us closer to the goal of saving the current data view/ tab filter settings.

Cheers!

Excel Facts

Whats the difference between CONCAT and CONCATENATE?
The newer CONCAT function can reference a range of cells. =CONCATENATE(A1,A2,A3,A4,A5) becomes =CONCAT(A1:A5)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
staticfluids

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back