Anyway to quickly switch between two directories in Microsoft excel 2010

wormaji

on the work that I have to do,I have to consistently switch between two directories. These are the steps that I do.
Step 1:Press Ctrl + O.Navigate to directory 1. Open a file.Step 2: Then press Ctrl + O, navigate to directory 2. Open the file in that directory.
Cut-and-paste that data from this file into the file that was opened from directory 1.

In the step 2 - the directory excel shows is directory 1 since it shows the most recently file.
So I have to Manually navigate to directory 2.
Then when I need to repeat this entire process and go to step 1, Excel will show directory 2 as that is the most recent directory. And therefore, I will have to manually navigate again to directory 1.

I have to repeat this procedure 3 or four times in an hour. I can't change the directory structure because I'm working along with other people. So I wonder if there is a way to customise the open file dialog box of Microsoft Excel to show at least 2 entries of directories. I tried pinning hte directories but then to reach that is itself a few clicks.

Any inputs will be useful.

Excel Facts

Copy a format multiple times
Select a formatted range. Double-click the Format Painter (left side of Home tab). You can paste formatting multiple times. Esc to stop

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hat4Life

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back