Append Query (Source Table from diff DB)

imfarhan

Board Regular
Hi
I would like to use the append query but , the source table should be external database. I want to avoid the link table from (Source). Can I use the path at the end of my append query as follows

INSERT empno,ename INTO emp IN 'N:\InfoCom\Farhan\Test_DB\R&D(Testing).mdb'
SELECT empno, ename From emp_source
'N:\InfoCom\Farhan\Test_DB\R&D(Testing).mdb';
So, simply the source table is in different database.

Many thanks
Farhan

Some videos you may like

Excel Facts

Round to nearest half hour?
Use =MROUND(A2,"0:30") to round to nearest half hour. Use =CEILING(A2,"0:30") to round to next half hour.

imfarhan

Board Regular
Sorry my query was not clear
I want something like this

INSERT INTO emp ( ID, empno, deptno, ename )
SELECT emp.ID, emp.empno, emp.deptno, emp.ename
FROM emp N:\InfoCom\....\sourcedb.mdb;

Thanks

F

Subscribe on YouTube

Watch MrExcel Video

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sheshe123

This Week's Hot Topics

• Turn fraction around
    Hello I need to turn a fraction around, for example I have 1/3 but I need to present as 3/1
  • TIme Clock record reformatting to ???
    Hello All, I'd like some help formatting this (Tbl-A)(Loaded via Power Query) [ATTACH type="full" width="511px" alt="PQdata.png"]22252[/ATTACH]...
  • TextBox Match
    hi, I am having a few issues with my code below, what I need it to do is when they enter a value in textbox8 (QTY) either 1,2 or 3 the 3 textboxes...
  • Using Large function based on Multiple Criteria
    Hello, I can't seem to get a Large formula to work based on two criteria's. I can easily get a oldest value based one value, but I'm struggling...
  • Can you check my code please
    Hi, Im going round in circles with a Compil Error End With Without With Here is the code [CODE=rich] Private Sub...
  • Combining 2 pivot tables into 1 chart
    Hello everyone, My question sounds simple but I do not know the answer. I have 2 pivot tables and 2 charts that go with this. However I want to...