Append to the bottom of a master sheet from another active workbook?

Tarqs

Board Regular
Hi All,

I'd like some help appending data to the bottom of a master worksheet from another active sheet in a different open workbook.

For example I receive an internal order, which could have between 1 and 200 lines on it. I need to add these lines to bottom of a master schedule of order lines. The list on the internal order would start at A39 and have 5 columns of data accounting for part number, description, quantity, lead time and rate.

The complicated part is that i then need to paste any lines from this order to the bottom of the master schedule starting in column E. There is then, some data at the top of original order form which i need to duplicate, against each of the pasted lines.

Example

Current last row in the master schedule is at 545 (this number is variable on a day by day basis, could be more could be less). The order form has 5 order lines starting at A39 with a total of 5 columns of data. In this example i need to paste A39:E43 into the next available destination cell in column E, in this case E546.

Just to be complicated i then need to copy specific data from the top of the original order against each of the pasted lines.

Example

F14 on the original order contains the internal PO number which needs to sit against each of these pasted lines on the master schedule in column B. So for the example above, the same PO number would be replicated 5 times from B546 to B550 (inclusive).

There are some other pieces of information that i need to carry over to other destination cells but hoping that once i have the code for 1, i should be able to use my limited skills to replicate for the others.

Any ideas or help would be very much appreciated.

Excel Facts

Excel motto
Not everything I do at work revolves around Excel. Only the fun parts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmmotairi

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back