Appending string value in cell with new unique selection from its drop-down list

logicalchoice

Hi, I'm very new to VBA programming and I'm not yet able to put together a macro I need :eek:. I'm not quite sure even where to get started. I'd like to create VBA Macro that allows a blank cell to be set a value via its drop-down list then take each subsequent value selected via the same drop-down lists and append new string values only to the current the string of the same cell, and separating each new entry by ",". Essentially the drop-down list allows pre-determined values to be conveniently selected, however in some instances multiple of those values from the drop-down list applies and want them also displayed. Ideally would also be great if any text values typed in the cell that are not already available in the drop-down list, to be added to the drop-down list. Any help with this would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance :).

Excel Facts

Spell Check in Excel
Press F7 to start spell check in Excel. Be careful, by default, Excel does not check Capitalized Werds (whoops)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
staticfluids

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back