"Application.Goto" How to get the Macro to get user input for destination instead of the same reference picked in the recording

nelsosviper

New here. I've searched all around and found nothing that will work for me. I had to upgrade to the New 2016 excel and with that comes with my old macros not working. I had to rewrite and use the Visual Basic recorder to do what i need and I'm hung up on one line of code. "Application.Goto"
Before with the old macros I could enter in "?" for the macros to pause so the user can select the predefined cell to "goto". Now, it just selects the same cell every time. I need it to stop so the user can select the reference, which is different everyday. The function of the code is to clear and move information for a restaurant in a 28 day period. Each reference is a day 1-28, so the corresponding day needs to be picked manually and then the macros can continue. Any help would be appreciated.

old code:
=FORMULA.GOTO?("")

NEW CODE
Sub FUNSTUFF()
'
' FUNSTUFF Macro
'

'
Range("Q55:Q98").Select
Selection.Copy
Application.Goto Reference:="n_FOURTEEN"
End Sub

Again, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Excel Facts

How to show all formulas in Excel?
Press Ctrl+` to show all formulas. Press it again to toggle back to numbers. The grave accent is often under the tilde on US keyboards.
Welcome to the forum!

Why not just add a dropdown and fill the list 1 to 28? If you want the range selection option, use the range option in Application.InputBox(). Press F1 with cursor in or next to a command work for specific help.

Upvote 0
The why is because I don't know a lot about macros. Just a beginner. I will do some research on the drop down menu. Thanks for the response.

Upvote 0
But the reason for the "goto" is to select a different cell. I'm copying information from cells "Q55:Q98" and then special pasting the information(values only)to a different section on the same worksheet. The references are already named.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlosWin

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back