Apply Conditional formatting to all columns in a Pivot table

mark hansen

Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
I having a hard time applying conditional formatting to all columns in a pivot table.

I've done some searches and discovered the option box at the top of the conditional format edit box (when using a pivot table) with the three options that solves the problem for one column. When new rows are added to the pivot table, I can get the conditional formatting extend to the new rows. That's good. But selecting those options (the bottom one) only selects one column header and applies the formatting to only that one column... Not all the columns.

I started to create a different conditional formatting rule for each column, but I'm thinking there must be a better way. One pivot table has 10 data columns and another has 20 data columns. Do I really need to apply one conditional formatting rule for each column? I shutter to think if I need to change formatting parameters and I need to do that on 10 or 20 individual rules.

Am I overlooking something?

Thanks,
Mark

Excel Facts

How to calculate loan payments in Excel?
Use the PMT function: =PMT(5%/12,60,-25000) is for a $25,000 loan, 5% annual interest, 60 month loan.
I would suggest you're being too specific in your selection in the New CF dialogue box. For example, this choice will apply the formatting to all cells in the values area. The trick is to try different options in the dialogue until you get the result you want. - You shouldn't be applying it to each column.

HTH

1615592164081.png

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mariah3

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back