Applying a filter to a SUMIFS range

Jockeyp

Office Version
  1. 2019
Platform
  1. MacOS
Hello,

I currently have two tabs in a spreadsheet. One is a database and the other is sheet is called 'Builder'. This contains a series of tables that use SUMIFS to apply multiple criteria to the database to get a result. What I want to do is to adjust my formulas so that when i apply a filter to the database, this is automatically reflected in my SUMIFS formulas on the Builder tab. Ideally I would like to add multiple filters to the database and have those reflected in the sum numbers on the builder tab.

Do i need to create an Array formula for this to work? I have attached a picture of the Builder tab and the formula that I have built in the various cells in the tables in the Builder tab is provided below. You will see that the formula is already a bit complicated as I am using INDIRECT in the SUMIFS formulas. Hopefully the picture quality is good enough for people to view it.

=SUMIFS(INDIRECT(E$21),INDIRECT($M$12),$E$15,INDIRECT($J$3),">="&$A22,INDIRECT($J$3),"<="&$B22)

Appreciate any help with this.

Thanks

Neil

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-03-24 at 18.48.03.png
    Screenshot 2022-03-24 at 18.48.03.png
    111.2 KB · Views: 53

Excel Facts

Bring active cell back into view
Start at A1 and select to A9999 while writing a formula, you can't see A1 anymore. Press Ctrl+Backspace to bring active cell into view.
From reading other threads I have managed to solve this. I added a 'Helper' column to my database that used the subtotal formula with the COUNTA function and the 103 version selected to not include hidden cells. I then created a reference cell on my Builder sheet for this column. Finally, I added an additional argument into my SUMIFS formula using Indirect to target the Helper column.

Upvote 0
Solution

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
staticfluids

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back