Applying growth number based on adjusted-fiscal period statement

losincog

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi there

I have a forecast in calendar dates and fiscal periods. I would like to adjust forecast for growth, based on combination of country and fiscal period

My "argument" is = if fiscal period is the current fiscal period, do not apply growth rate (i.e. times by 1), if fiscal period is in future than times figure by the growth number for that country from one month ago for that future fiscal period

So...

if current fiscal period is 2020P10 and the forecast we are looking at is fiscal period 2020P10 (i.e. same period), do not apply growth number
If current fiscal period is 2020P10 and the forecast period is 2020P12, apply growth rate from one month prior to forecast period, i.e.,2020P11, for that country

I've done a manual calculation tab if that helps to illustrate, here in the sample workbook:

Tab 1 = is where I want it to pull data from the Forecast tab times the growth argument above
Tab 2 = is the forecast data
Tab 3 = is the source data for the country and fiscal period growth. In A1:B3, I thought a IF formula could use whatever value is here to calculate whether to apply a growth number or not, i.e., if we adjust the current fiscal period here, than a formula on the front tab could use this for it's IF-based formula?
Tab 4 = just a manual calculation as to end result, in terms of values

Thanks!

Also posted here If fiscal period = future fiscal period, times value by prior month's fiscal period growth

Last edited by a moderator:

Excel Facts

Can you AutoAverage in Excel?
There is a drop-down next to the AutoSum symbol. Open the drop-down to choose AVERAGE, COUNT, MAX, or MIN

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandomExceller01

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back