Are Co-Authoring & UserForms compatible? Constant issue with merging changes.

gravanoc

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
  2. Mobile
I'm looking for any information about co-authoring & UserForms. Specifically, the file is on a SharePoint server, if that makes any difference. Also, the user's version is 365 for Enterprise, while I am 365 for Business.

There are several forms in a complex file I've developed, and everything works fine while editing alone, but if another user is editing the file simultaneously, there are constant "we cannot merge your changes with xxx" & the AutoSave option turns off. This happens when one user is using a UserForm & the other is doing anything else.

Any guidance on this would help. Thanks.

Excel Facts

Workdays for a market open Mon, Wed, Friday?
Yes! Use "0101011" for the weekend argument in NETWORKDAYS.INTL or WORKDAY.INTL. The 7 digits start on Monday. 1 means it is a weekend.
Does it matter if the Userform is being shown modally or not? If the Userform were being shown modally, I wonder if the reason SharePoint can't merge the changes is because the Userform version is "in use"... just a thought.

Upvote 0
Does it matter if the Userform is being shown modally or not? If the Userform were being shown modally, I wonder if the reason SharePoint can't merge the changes is because the Userform version is "in use"... just a thought.
It is being shown modally. I can try to set it to False & see if that makes a difference. Thanks!

Upvote 0
gravanoc - I am wondering if you have any tips that have helped with your constant "we cannot merge your changes with xxx'" issues. My experience shows that Modeless forms do not cause an issue. I am running into the same problem with multiple users on Excel 365 for Enterprise and a co-authored spreadsheet on Sharepoint. The conflicts do not seem to come from editing the same cells in the spreadsheet. Any tips or insights your have found would be helpful. Thanks!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gleisner2

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back