Are constraints possible on Monte Carlo models in Add ons (@Risk CB etc.)

restr

Hi,

I was looking to perhaps start using a Monte Carlo package to help during investment appraisal again; I have not used one for years. I have downloaded a few trial versions of the well known ones including the ones above. However, I am not sure any of them will do one of the things I want to do, of course I could just be being stupid...

Can anyone please tell if if the following is possible using any of the packages? Thanks.

An example would be that I want to do a basic NPV calculation for an apartment development, so one of the key variables to define will be selling price and possible sales price growth and this is not a problem. The second is the number of sales per month, so lets assume that there are 20 apartments and in the very worst case they will all be sold in 24 months. I can define sales in each of the last 18 months to be between 0 and 3 (tri. dist.); however, I also need the total sales in each simulation run to be constrained to be equal to 20 each time. Is this possible?

I know that these packages have other optimizers where you can run LP based solutions for problems containing constraints etc. but you can not seem to combine these into a Monte Carlo run.

Excel Facts

Did you know Excel offers Filter by Selection?
Add the AutoFilter icon to the Quick Access Toolbar. Select a cell containing Apple, click AutoFilter, and you will get all rows with Apple

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Guest1337

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back