are online excel classes a good idea?

Pinkrope11

Hey everyone, I'm a decent user of excel but i'm trying to get better and I was wondering what anyone thought about taking some online classes in excel? I recently upgraded from excel 2003 to microsoft excel 2007 and just basically need to learn the new features and layout and stuff. So I guess my question is if anyone knows anything about taking online classes or could guide me in the right direction.

I was searching through google earlier and found a couple of websites that seem decent but am not sure if one would be better than the other.

http://www.elerttraining.com/catalog.htm

and

http://classes.teachexcel.com/c/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=6

If anyone could give some advice it would be muchl appreciated, thanks :)

Last edited:

Excel Facts

Select all contiguous cells
Pressing Ctrl+* (asterisk) will select the "current region" - all contiguous cells in all directions.
Welcome to the Board!

Online classes can be fine provided they suit your need(s). The risk with them is you may find the content far behind, or far more advanced for you, and you may not be able to get a refund. I'd search online for free tutorials, and post what specifically you're after and someone can point you in the right direction.

I recently upgraded from excel 2007 to microsoft excel 2007
Aren't those the same thing? ;)

Upvote 0
Thanks for your input! The problem is that I'm just really trying to improve my general excel skills and am not exactly sure what I need to or should learn. I guess that's why I decided that I wanted to try an online course. Someone on another message board mentioned that the classes at the http://classes.teachexcel.com/c/inde...=index&cPath=6 might be a good one to try since they also have some free stuff on there. I think I will try one of those classes.

Thanks for your speedy reply! :)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlphaRino

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back