1. 365
  2. 2021
Platform
  1. Windows
  2. Mobile
  3. Web
Hi All

Hope you are all well

i have recently taken over a spreadsheet and have seen the following calculation to calculate weekly FTE availability

All agents work 5 days 37 (hours a week inc Sat and Sun) but 5 days

so say

Monday = 125 FTE
T = 125
W = 125
T = 125
F = 125
S = 50
S = 50

i have seen the calculation to be the (sum of FTE) / 5 So 725/5 = 145FTE week

is that right? And also if i wanted to get Monthly, can i divide by 22Days which is apparently the standard used to get monthly?

many thanks

Excel Facts

How to fill five years of quarters?
Type 1Q-2023 in a cell. Grab the fill handle and drag down or right. After 4Q-2023, Excel will jump to 1Q-2024. Dash can be any character.
Do people work the same number of hours every day they work? If an agent works 5 days, 37 hours, that is 7.4 hours each day. If hours vary from day to day then there is not enough data to answer your question. You have to know total hours worked each day, not a number of FTEs.

If we assume that all agents work 7.4 hours a day and 5 days a week, then your answer is correct. (Total daily FTEs)/5 = (weekly FTEs)

There are multiple ways to calculate the monthly figures. Using 22 days is an average (actually 21.7) that will even out over a year but will be wrong for any one month.

Upvote 0
Hiya

they work 37 hours a week but hours can vary depending on the area you work in

Upvote 0
but mostly the areas work 7.4 hours a day

and also if i needed to calculate monthly headcount which should be a whole number - if I divide by 22 days or whatever the days should be for that month, it could return a fraction - on these scenarios do you roundup or down

i just want to be able to make sure its right or there abouts at least

Upvote 0
It was just a case of getting an average weekly FTE and Monthly FTE availability based on the FTE availability values that i have daily

need to exactly same for heada (so no decimal and actual heads daily)

Upvote 0
and also if i needed to calculate monthly headcount which should be a whole number - if I divide by 22 days or whatever the days should be for that month, it could return a fraction - on these scenarios do you roundup or down
You cannot calculate headcount from the data you showed here. The only way to calculate headcount is to have a list of everybody who worked and count the names.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Moo4247

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back