Are We Restricted On Pivot Table Columns?

Les Williams

Hi Gang
I've got a pivot table built BUT it doesn't always populate.
I came up with a work around by accident.
By changing the order of the columns I can them all to fill in.
Is this a Microsoft problem or is there a limit to the number of columns.
Otherwise I must be doing something incorrect.
Any advice would be appreciated

Excel Facts

Difference between two dates
Secret function! Use =DATEDIF(A2,B2,"Y")&" years"&=DATEDIF(A2,B2,"YM")&" months"&=DATEDIF(A2,B2,"MD")&" days"
perhaps a description of the content, as well as the form of your problem would help here...

Upvote 0
via PM:

"Anyhow the table is to report daily production in a manufacturing plant. The columns are in the following order (All listed in the Row area). Department, Machine, Customer, Lbs made, Bags made, Cycly Time Std, Cycle Time Actual, Run Hrs, Down Hrs, Run %, Down %, Change Over Std, Change Over Actual To this point all works well. NOW the problem - In dealing with scrap and I'm listing the order I need to put them in to get the column populated correctly (followed by the order I'd PREFER to put them in. Scrap % (6), Total Scrap (5), Handle Scrap (2), Change Over Scrap (3), Run Scrap (1), Seconds Scrap (4) [This column ofter dissapears on me], Scrap / Production (7).

I hope this gives you a better insight into my problem and makes the solution more obvious. Thanks in advance. Les"

Les - no need to PM this - just post a reply to your original thread.

Not really sure I get the issue here - pivot tables shouldn't have column fields randomly disappear on you?! Not a bug I've heard of before.

Upvote 0
Only one or two of them disisappear on me The bigger problem is that they will only populate if arranged in a particular order. I end up playing with the order until I get them all populated. However this makes the table look akward because the info doesn't flow properly from column to column.
As you can see I've listed them above in the order I've had to arrange them in and put the order I want them in, (in the brackets that follow)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ava19

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back