Array Formula not working

Soares79

HI, am trying to get my array formula to work, but cant figure it out. My current Array formula is {=SUM(('Staff List Comparison'!F5:F500=A27)*('Staff List Comparison'!J5:J500=C25)*('Staff List Comparison'!K5:K500))}. It doesn't seem to work, but when I change the location of the data (i.e. put the data on the same page and not on 'Staff List Comparison' page, it works. I press control-Shift-Enter each time, but the result simply states #N/A. My only thought is that the data on the Staff List Comparison page is coming through formulas, and is not set data. However, I try and move the cells around into set data, and the formula still doesn't work. Any help would be appreciated!

Excel Facts

Can you AutoAverage in Excel?
There is a drop-down next to the AutoSum symbol. Open the drop-down to choose AVERAGE, COUNT, MAX, or MIN
Welcome to MrExcel.

Are there any #N/A errors in the referenced ranges on worksheet 'Staff List Comparison'?

Upvote 0
perhaps I did not understand
if the formula also is in this sheet what is the need of including the sheet name
besides A27 and c25 is in which sheet. in the same sheet or in some other sheet.

any such number is available in the range you specified. N/A error means there is no such number either in F col or col. J

if possible small extract of data may be posted.

it works for me. without any data it gives 0

does any error message pop up

Upvote 0
Welcome to MrExcel.

Are there any #N/A errors in the referenced ranges on worksheet 'Staff List Comparison'?

Hi andrew, thanks for your feedback. Yes, there are #N/A's within the range j:5 to j:500. Simple mistake and I didn't pick it up! I will change the formulas in j:5 to j500, as these are vlookups, and if the name doesn't appear in the list it is searching, it is giving me an #na response. I'm on the bus heading home, but will see if I can get it to work in the morning.

thanks again.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
visheshkotha

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back