Array formula to return value if greater than 0.5

jblonde002

Board Regular
I have inherited a spreadsheet with this array formula:
=IFERROR(INDEX(In.Out!BO:BO,SMALL(IF(In.Out!BT:BT=1,ROW(In.Out!BO:BO)-MIN(ROW(In.Out!BO:BO))+1),ROWS(ProgAll!$P$5:P5))),"")

I don't know a huge amount about Excel but the formula needs to return values greater than 0.5, not just equal to 1. Can that be done? Many thanks for any help you can give - I am well out of my depth on this!

Excel Facts

Waterfall charts in Excel?
Office 365 customers have access to Waterfall charts since late 2016. They were added to Excel 2019.
Control+shift+enter, not just enter:

=IFERROR(INDEX(In.Out!BO:BO,SMALL(IF(In.Out!BT:BT>0.5,ROW(In.Out!BO:BO)-MIN(ROW(In.Out!BO:BO))+1),ROWS(ProgAll!$P$5:P5))),"")

which will return values from the BO column when BT column values are larger than 0.5.

By the way, try to restrict the ranges instead of referencing whoe columns for reasons of efficiency.

Upvote 0
=IFERROR(INDEX(In.Out!BO:BO,SMALL(IF(In.Out!BT:BT>0.5,ROW(In.Out!BO:BO)-MIN(ROW(In.Out!BO:BO))+1),ROWS(ProgAll!$P$5:P5))),"")

Thanks for this. The issue was that the In.Out!BO:BO had an =IFNA formula that ended "". For some reason it counted those values as greater than 0.5 (not sure how). Your formula worked perfectly after I changed this!

Upvote 0
Thanks for this. The issue was that the In.Out!BO:BO had an =IFNA formula that ended "". For some reason it counted those values as greater than 0.5 (not sure how). Your formula worked perfectly after I changed this!

A text value is always greater than a number, i.e., text > number --> TRUE. In such a situation, we can also an ISNUMBER test...

=IFERROR(INDEX(In.Out!BO:BO,SMALL(IF(ISNUMBER(In.Out!BT:BT),IF(In.Out!BT:BT>0.5,ROW(In.Out!BO:BO)-MIN(ROW(In.Out!BO:BO))+1)),ROWS(ProgAll!$P$5:P5))),"")

Upvote 0
A text value is always greater than a number, i.e., text > number --> TRUE. In such a situation, we can also an ISNUMBER test...

=IFERROR(INDEX(In.Out!BO:BO,SMALL(IF(ISNUMBER(In.Out!BT:BT),IF(In.Out!BT:BT>0.5,ROW(In.Out!BO:BO)-MIN(ROW(In.Out!BO:BO))+1)),ROWS(ProgAll!$P$5:P5))),"")

Not sure I have ever learnt so much from two posts in my life! Thanks so much - wisdom received!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
staticfluids

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back