Array- Pulling rows of data based on date range -- Please Help!

MollyV

Good afternoon,

I have been using some array formulas to pull data from multiple books. This particular formula seemed to be working but is actually just pulling the rows in order opposed to based off the date range specified. I'm not sure what I'm missing and help would be greatly appreciated.
The formula I am currently using (placed in B2):
=IF(ROWS(B$2:B2)>$Q$1,"",INDEX(Overview!B2:B16,SMALL(IF((Overview!$B$2:$B$16>=$O$1)*(Overview!$B$2:$B$16<=$P$1),ROW(Overview!B2:B16)-ROW(Overview!B2:B16)+1),ROWS(B$2:B2))))

In Cell Q1:
=SUMPRODUCT((Overview!$B$2:$B$25>=$O$1)*(Overview!$B$2:$B$25<=$P$1))

Cells O1 and P1 contain the date range

Any and all help is greatly appreciated

Excel Facts

Is there a shortcut key for strikethrough?
Ctrl+S is used for Save. Ctrl+5 is used for Strikethrough. Why Ctrl+5? When you use hashmarks to count |||| is 4, strike through to mean 5.
Welcome to the Board!

I haven't actually tested this, but I believe your formula should be:

=IF(ROWS(B$2:B2)>$Q$1,"",INDEX(Overview!B$2:B$16,SMALL(IF((Overview!$B$2:$B$16>=$O$1)*(Overview!$B$2:$B$16<=$P$1),ROW(Overview!B$2:B$16)-ROW(Overview!B$2)+1),ROWS(B$2:B2))))

Changes marked in red.

Upvote 0
Thank you for your reply,
That did stop it from just pulling the next row opposed to the date criteria. However; now Its just pulling the first row and duplicating it. I have tried several different variances of the formula but they all do the same. For example I have 4 rows of data with March dates, the formula pulls the first date and shows it 4 times. I have gone through several youtube videos that show its use and working properly, double checked the formula, I am at a loss.

=IF(ROWS(B$2:B2)>$Q$1,"",INDEX(Overview!B$2:B$25,SMALL(IF((Overview!$B$2:$B$25>=$O$1)*(Overview!$B$2:$B$25<=$P$1),ROW(Overview!$B$2:$B$25)-ROW(Overview!$B$2:$B$25)+1),ROWS(B$2:B2))))

Upvote 0
Thank you for your reply,
That did stop it from just pulling the next row opposed to the date criteria. However; now Its just pulling the first row and duplicating it. I have tried several different variances of the formula but they all do the same. For example I have 4 rows of data with March dates, the formula pulls the first date and shows it 4 times. I have gone through several youtube videos that show its use and working properly, double checked the formula, I am at a loss.

=IF(ROWS(B$2:B2)>$Q$1,"",INDEX(Overview!B$2:B$25,SMALL(IF((Overview!$B$2:$B$25>=$O$1)*(Overview!$B$2:$B$25<=$P$1),ROW(Overview!$B$2:$B$25)-ROW(Overview!$B$2:$B$25)+1),ROWS(B$2:B2))))

Remove the part in red.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmmotairi

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back