array v concatenate including a ", " seperator

PaulBr2

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
  2. MacOS
I am trying to write an array formula that is versatile to work a variable number of adjacent cells to be part of the array (click and drag to highlight is fine) but need to ensure each cell content is seperated with a comma then space before the next cell contents are included.
The issue I am having or trying to solve is that the concatenated content is from a variable number of adjacent cells. Which is why I was looking at array instead. but the seperator has to be a comma then space.
Any help for an excel dufus would be super appreciated....
1618570555814.png

Excel Facts

Links? Where??
If Excel says you have links but you can't find them, go to Formulas, Name Manager. Look for old links to dead workbooks & delete.
Hi & welcome to MrExcel.
How about in X2 copied down
Excel Formula:
=TEXTJOIN(", ",,FILTER($Y$2:$Y$100,$A$2:$A$100=A2))

Upvote 0
Hi & welcome to MrExcel.
How about in X2 copied down
Excel Formula:
=TEXTJOIN(", ",,FILTER($Y$2:$Y$100,$A$2:$A$100=A2))
Thanks, but I maybe didn't explain it properly. each true cell (vertically in column v) needs have the adjacent cell populated with the concatenated contents of column y until the next true cell in column v then it begins again..

Upvote 0
In that case try
Excel Formula:
=IF(V2=TRUE,TEXTJOIN(", ",,FILTER($Y$2:$Y$100,$A$2:$A$100=A2)),"")

Upvote 0
Thanks, but I maybe didn't explain it properly. each true cell (vertically in column v) needs have the adjacent cell populated with the concatenated contents of column y until the next true cell in column v then it begins again..
Great thanks, but as you can see from the image above the green empty cell (X23) must then have the comma space separated cell contents from Y23:Y26. So the column references stay the same but the row references are dynamic and linked to the blank cells (vertically) between the TRUE cells.

Upvote 0
Have you tried what I suggested?

Upvote 0
I don't want the entire contents of column y in one cell.. it's dynamic based on the range of the true+empty cells (row reference) below the true cell. Then it starts again with the next true cell and a new row reference.

Upvote 0
You won't get that.

I don't see how you can get that. Did you put the formula in X2 & copy down as suggested?
Yes, I did exactly that. Copy and paste either as a full pull down to the bottom of the sheet (which is 2300+ rows) or by copy and paste individually into the cells with a true cell to the left. But it is also referencing column A which has no relevance to the required input/output. From my understanding the $ symbol maintains a fixed start cell and end cell to the range/array in the formula you posted, so the formula will always refer to those ranges. regardless of where it is copy/pasted to.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocbudda

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back