Arrow keys and mouse not working consistently with scroll and panes

daothuy7264

Am running Excel 2016 (64 bit) on 64 bit Windows 10 machine.
When a called macro changes to view a worksheet with Panes set, most times the keyboard arrows will not change the view. Sometimes they move the cursor off the page, sometimes the cursor is non-responsive. Also, cannot mouse click on the Close worksheet (upper right) when in this condition.
If I click on another tab and then return to the initial worksheet, all is well.
REALLY frustrating!
This is NOT a Scroll Lock issue and I have reinstalled keyboard and mouse drivers. Seems to be a glitch in Excel.
[FONT=&quot]Again, if I click on another worksheet and then return to the previously selected worksheet, it "unsticks" whatever was stuck and things work fine until I use a similar macro to change worksheets.[/FONT]
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,

Some videos you may like

Excel Facts

Links? Where??
If Excel says you have links but you can't find them, go to Formulas, Name Manager. Look for old links to dead workbooks & delete.

Yongle

Office Version
Platform
Windows
Let's eliminate a systemic Excel/VBA issue first

Are you able to recreate the issue in a clean workbook ?
1 Create a new workbook with a similar layout WITHOUT copy/pasting ANY sheets, data or formatting from old workbook
2 Copy/paste the troublesome macro into the new workbook
3 Does the problem replicate ?

Let us know how you get on

thanks

namct0301

1. Open up the On-Screen Keyboard. Press Windows key + R and then type "osk" in the Run dialog box

2.Click on the ScrLk key once to turn off the Scroll Lock. Make sure that the key associated with Screen Lock is not in blue, Screen Lock was successfully disabled.

3. Open an Excel sheet and check if the problem is now resolved.

This could help you: https://windows10freeapps.com/fix-arrow-keys-not-working-in-excel/

Watch MrExcel Video

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Summer01

This Week's Hot Topics

• Copy entire row if CountA <>0 to another sheet
    [B]I want to copy entire row if CountA <>0 for column J7:AM7 (headers on J6:AM6) and so on till the last used cell is column D and paste the...
  • Select last used Row in Table
    I have created a Table in a Worksheet which is locked to prevent user errors and protect formula. Some of the cells require freetext entries which...
  • excel workbook: do not allow certain file name
    Hello all, Don't think this has ever been asked before, but how do I restrict file save [Before_Save Event] if the name of the file being saved...
  • fixing problem autofilter
    hello i need help about my code when i search by code in textbox it doesn't show anything this is my data [ATTACH type="full"...
  • “Weight”
    Hi, i’ve got a long sheet filled with weights such as kg,g,L & ml. i can build a formula to convert kg into g and liter into ml. How ever, my...
  • How to capitalize everything before a certain character?
    In column A, I have some text: Hello good day.mp3 Hello good day.flac etc. I'd like to capitalize everything before the period. I don't need the...