Arrow keys not moving cell to cell

Debbie Uniforms

Good morning all,

I'm sure (hopeful) there is a simple solution to this question.

I have opened a spreadsheet. Usually I can navigate across the page using the left/right arrow buttons on the keyboard. Today, the arrow buttons scroll across the page but the cell doesn't highlight. I hope I'm making sense here.

I can use the tab button but the arrow keys are not working by highlighting each cell.

Could anyone help please? It's not the end of the world, but the arrow keys are very handy!

Many thanks in advance
Debbie

Excel Facts

Format cells as currency
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+4 to format cells as currency. (Shift 4 is the $ sign).
You may have accidentally pressed the "scroll lock" key. Try pressing it again.

Upvote 0
Do you have Scroll Lock on?

Upvote 0
Sorry, that didn't work. I thought it had. I couldn't see a scroll lock button on the keyboard, but did notice the bottom of the spreadsheet showing 'scroll lock'
I right click and turned off the scroll look by unticking it. however the 'on' didn't change to 'off'

anything else I can do, please?

Debbie

Upvote 0
Unticking that just stops it being displayed, it doesn't turn it off. Often with laptops there's a key (sometimes blue fn key) that alters what other keys do, so look for one that has SCRL on it?

Upvote 0
Unticking that just stops it being displayed, it doesn't turn it off. Often with laptops there's a key (sometimes blue fn key) that alters what other keys do, so look for one that has SCRL on it?

Thank you Rory A. No my laptop doesn't have that button - which is bizarre. Anyway, I saved it, and then opted for the switch it off then off again routine and it worked!
thank you.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rocketslinger

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back