AS/400 Spooled Files

Crow_23

Board Regular
I know nothing about ODBC, servers....but I do know that SQL can be used as well as Access to pull information out of datawarehouses. As of now my process is to go into BPCS, spool a file, print it out, and manually type in #s into Excel. This is my second internship for school, and at my first internship SQL was established and I did not have to do this, so I know that manually typing data into Excel is NOT the way to go. Can anyone guide me in the right direction as to some information I need to know about SQL and the database to get something going in Access or a website possibly with that information. I have 5 months left in my internship and actually want to learn something here, and learning/applying SQL would be awesome. Thanks everyone.

Ed

Excel Facts

Do you hate GETPIVOTDATA?
Prevent GETPIVOTDATA. Select inside a PivotTable. In the Analyze tab of the ribbon, open the dropown next to Options and turn it off
I have this same problem... D/L from JDE to a spool file... import it to excel but I get some data that is not linear...

what I mean by linear is that for value A on row one... I get the corresponding quantity on a different row...

does anybody know how to get this fixed?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
keycalinc

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back