ASAP Utilities ??

K_Man95

Board Regular
Is it possible to use an ASAP Utility in a macro? If so, HOW???? I just tried to record a macro using the Conditional Select Rows option in a Range("D3:D2500") based on "NOT EMPTY CELLS", and it would not record. I need to be able to select ONLY cells in the above mentioned range that have data in them in order to COPY and send that data to a TXT file.

Any help?

Excel Facts

Create a chart in one keystroke
Select the data and press Alt+F1 to insert a default chart. You can change the default chart to any chart type
Hey all..... Just thought I would let you all know that I found my answer on the board postings. I take it that ASAP Utilities CAN NOT be copied into a recorded macro. Bummer....Oh well.....

Thanks to this AMAZING board and the Masters and MVP's associated with this page, I was able to search around and I found my answer..... AND... I also found the solution to my problem. THIS BOARD ROCKS!!

Thanks to all.... for your questions... and to all of you who take the time to help find the answers....Regulars, Members, Masters, and MVP's.... Mr. Excel.. you should be proud!!

Upvote 0
While you cannot "record" routines from ASAP, you can actually call routines from ASAP in a macro. Here's how to do it:

1. In the VB editor, click on Tools-References, then select ASAPUtilities.
  2. Find the macro you want to call. In Excel (not the VB editor), Go to Tools-Customize. Click on the ASAP Utilities menu, then on the sub-menu, then the item you want to use in your macro. Then right-click on the item, and select the last (bottom) menu item, "Assign Macro". The name that comes up at the top is the name of the macro. You can then use this in your macro.

I tried this using "Conditional Select Cells" and it worked. Here is an example:<pre><font color='#000000'><font color='#000080'>Sub</font> CallASAP()

Range("G1") = 8888
ConditionalSelectCells
Range("A12") = "all done"<font color='#000080'>End</font><font color='#000080'>Sub</font></font></pre>

Hope this helps,

Russell
This message was edited by Russell Hauf on 2002-08-29 13:26

Upvote 0
What if I don't have the ASAP Utilities menu under Tools->Customize? How can I get to it or add it to the List of Menu Items?

Upvote 0
On 2002-08-29 13:45, K_Man95 wrote:
What if I don't have the ASAP Utilities menu under Tools->Customize? How can I get to it or add it to the List of Menu Items?

If you have ASAP utilities installed, you should have a menu called ASAP utilities on your menu bar. So from left to right in Excel, you should have the following menus:

File Edit View Insert Format ... Help ASAP Utilities

(or something like this)

It's not "under" Tools-Customize, but after you select Customize, you click on the ASAP menu on your menubar. Make sense?

Upvote 0
Maybe this will help. In the picture of Excel below, the menus at the top are:

(F)ile (E)dit (V)iew ... etc.

In YOUR Excel, you should have a menu that says ASAP Utilities (with the A underlined). After you click on Tool-Customize, a dialog box will come up. However, we don't need anything in that box -- you should click on the actual menu like you were going to conditionally select your cells (yes, with the dialog open). Go to the Conditionally Select Cells item, then right-click.

Let me know if this still does not help.

-rh
Book11
ABCD
1Texttextmoretext
Sheet3

-

Upvote 0
Dude, again... all I can say.... This board is AMAZING!!! Yes, I finally put my brain in and made sure to tighten ALL the screws this time.....

Thanks!!!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alrossman

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back