ASCII Columns to Excel Columns

Exceliber

Can anyone show or direct me to a simple macro for a simpleton like to convert ASCII column values into separate column for each value? Say I copy/paste columns from and ASCII/txt file into an Excel worksheet in the column A. All the values go into this one column, so everytime I need to go through the tedious text to column option in Excel to put the values into separate cells. It can get pretty tiresome and time-consuming if I have to repeat this a lot - which I do at the moment. I just need a macro or a template that splits the tab or space delimted ASCII columns to separate Excel columns everytime I paste them into the first column (col A).

Excel Facts

Shade all formula cells
To shade all formula cells: Home, Find & Select, Formulas to select all formulas. Then apply a light fill color.
I forgot to add that importing the headings isn't that important for my purpose and, also, is there a way to make Excel open ASCII columns open in separate columns in one click of mouse?

Some of the things that the folks at MS haven't thought about or improved after all these years with making Excel are just beyond me. :rolleyes:

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webster33

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back