Asset control register (booking assets inward/outward

dannyok90

Board Regular
All,

Could any body help me? im struggling to overcome a problem :) please see the linked spreadsheer (you don't have to activate macros, they're just used for adding new rows - hopefully ill dev this into a userform interface)

We have a 'required quantity' column which is the exact amount we should hold of a particular asset.
Then we have an 'Qty at hand' column which is the quantity we have stored.
Then we have a column 'qty at suppliers/fitted'.

Both 'qty at hand' and 'qty at suppliers' do a sumifs to the asset movements sheet summing up column 'G' depending if the asset id matches and whether the assets are recorded as inwards or outwards.

back on the asset tracker tab the sumifs for both qty at hand and qty at suppliers fitted are counting as they should, but, I cant work out a way for the spreadsheet to understand that '5' out of '10' of 'asset123' are at the supplier and 10 are stored. Or '10' of '10' of 'asset123' has gone out but also 10 has come back in.

I'm thinking possibly using the required quantity column as a reference figure for adding subtracting the ins and outs.. I'm sure there is going to be some clever string of formulas to do this but I just cant get my head around it!

Thanks Guys,
Dan

https://filehost.net/ab0eb22e5ee30930

Ps Sorry for any bad spelling! the writing app on this site keeps messing up and not registering key strokes!!!

Last edited:

Excel Facts

Which lookup functions find a value equal or greater than the lookup value?
MATCH uses -1 to find larger value (lookup table must be sorted ZA). XLOOKUP uses 1 to find values greater and does not need to be sorted.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jennlynn

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back