Assigning a Macro to a Control

TWriter1

I am working with Form buttons and assigning macros to the buttons. When I first create a button, I can easily assign a macro by selecting Assign Macro from the shortcut menu. If I want to change the macro assigned to a button, or assign it after I have renamed the button, I cannot for the life of me get the original shortcut menu to pop-up. If I right-click all I get is Move, Copy, Cancel.

I have tried everything and it is making me crazy.

I am using Excel 2016.

Please advise.

Some videos you may like

Excel Facts

Whats the difference between CONCAT and CONCATENATE?
The newer CONCAT function can reference a range of cells. =CONCATENATE(A1,A2,A3,A4,A5) becomes =CONCAT(A1:A5)

JLGWhiz

Office Version
  1. 2013
Platform
  1. Windows
There is always the option to delete the button and then add a new one for the different macro, if you no longer want the old macro on a button. The right click seems to work for me, however. Maybe it is a version difference. I could not duplicate the results you are getting.

Last edited:

TWriter1

Thank you for your response. That is what I ended up doing, but what I don't understand is why I can't get the original shortcut menu when I right-click. If I keep trying, it pops up about one out of 10 tries. Looking or some insight into why it isn't consistent.

JLGWhiz

Office Version
  1. 2013
Platform
  1. Windows
I seem to remember having a similar condition when I had Windows 7 or 8, don't remember which. But have not experienced it with Win 10.

Watch MrExcel Video

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
erino