Assigning a value based on other cell data and certain criteria.

dgroff

Hi,

I manage housekeepers in a hotel and I am trying to create a spreadsheet that helps me make room cleaning assignments based on certain criteria.

The sample sheet shows the 3 columns of criteria for each room. Room Type, Room Condition, Stay-C/O (Stay over vs. Check out). I also want to weigh the criteria so the assignments are fair. (Rooms with 2 beds or larger rooms type are harder than our smaller rooms.) Then I would limit the amount of total "weight" given each housekeeper. So I'm hoping for a formula that will look at the criteria, determine the weight, assign the room, and then move on to assigning the following room. Once a Housekeeper has reached the determined maximum "weight" then the formula would move on to assigning rooms to the next housekeeper. Continuing until all rooms are assigned.

To add one more complexity, I would like to max the total NQQ, HNQQ, or NK3 types to 4 for any housekeeper.

I know this is quite complicated and it may be too much, but I have been very successful in the past with getting answers from this group to questions I thought may be too complicated.

I used Google Sheets for the sample for easy sharing.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/15xgt3vsE0jwZLzlVwKup0m-y25oEDvegmPFUDXfArGM/edit#gid=0

Thank you for any help!

Excel Facts

Add Bullets to Range
Select range. Press Ctrl+1. On Number tab, choose Custom. Type Alt+7 then space then @ sign (using 7 on numeric keypad)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DET4492

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back